Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

A Report from a Medic, Who Took Care of the Wounded from Amona

From: Abba Richman
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 07:12:08 +0300
Subject: Brutality

A personal note:

Last wednesday I was doing a shift in MADA (Magen Dovid Adom) in Jerusalem as an ambulance driver. The level of violence was not foreseen by Mada - I suspect it was withheld from them by the security authorities.

Within a half our of the violence starting police teams were ready at all the hospitals to record the names ot the injured police. Mada was put on emergency alert and standard mass casualty emergency procedures were put into action.

By 16.30 there were 215 wounded brought to five Jerusalem hospitals. 59 were police. I transferred the only so called badly injured policeman from Haddasah Har Hatzofim to Ein Karem.

The facts: He was walking, fully conscious, violent - he threatened injured settlers in the emergency room with physical violence. His injury was a bad cut under the eye and he was
transferred because Ein Karem has plastic surgeons and he needed their services.

All the other police injured that I saw had minor cuts and bruises. None had broken bones that I am aware of. All the injured settlers I saw had broken bones, legs and arm injuries, and head wounds. A lot of blood.

The atmosphere was that of a terrorist attack with the prevalent undercurrent that this time the attackers were Jews.

The media of course made a kiddush out of the "badly" wounded policeman - and I witnessed first hand how the media presents the facts - lies, half truths, and disinformation.

It was a very sad day for me and left me with many sleepless hours.

Abba

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?