Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Carnival of Liberty

I grew up in the United States, and I remember learning:

"Give me Liberty or give me death!"

It was supposed to be some great ideal, I guess. If one can't be "free" or part of an "independent country," one should rather be dead.

I wonder what "Liberty" really is.

The Carnival of Liberty included my post about the young teenaged girl, still in jail, because she refuses to recognize the Israeli regime. She wants to be judged by Jewish Law. The jail wouldn't let the rabbi who came to speak to her see her alone, though only a rabbi can convince her to find a way to agree to be released. they had some sort of social worker sit in. She won't talk to any of the court appointed lawyers. And again, instead of allowing a rabbi she respects, they're having her examined by psychiatrists.

There are lots of other excellent posts from all over the world to read in the Carnival of Liberty, so take a look.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?